All over the world they’re talking about going organic. Can you hear? I’m a city girl at heart, but even I can hear the cacophony. But look here girls; it’s actually all good news where women’s beauty is concerned. For many years now, the products that we’ve been using actually did more damage than good. These products were heavily laden with chemicals, petroleum even, that carried harmful side effects for some women’s sensitive skin. It’s almost guaranteed these days that women will look and feel beautiful once they switch over to using the natural alternatives and the organic products on the market for women’s beauty and skin care.
There are dozens of choices to be made here. I think what I’m going to do in this post is get the ball rolling by just mentioning a couple of natural remedies and then carrying this organic theme on behalf of women’s beauty into a later post which can be a bit longer. Yep, I’ve checked the blogging diary, and we definitely have space for that one. In the meantime, let’s get that list started.
• Myrtle – Myrtle does three things in one. It cleanses your skin, purifies it, and tones it as well.
• Jasmine – Jasmine is an antioxidant that protects your skin from damage caused by free radicals. It hydrates the skin and restores its elasticity. And it also soothes sensitive skin.
• Blue lotus – Like most natural beauty and skin care products, Blue lotus purifies the skin. It is particularly effective because it contains plenty of vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
• The cocoa bean – Before I talk about the popularly used cocoa butter, let me make mention of the cocoa bean. It’s also an antioxidant and it protects the skin against inflammation. It’s effective in helping the skin to retain its moisture.
• Cocoa butter – Cocoa butter contains essential fatty acids which are necessary for the skin to stay healthy. The vitamin rich butter contains plenty of nutrient rich oils.
• Iron, zinc and vitamin C – Iron oxide and zinc oxide provide natural protection against UV rays. Vitamin C is a natural, rich in antioxidants and also provides protection against the sun’s harmful rays. And most herbal extracts provide natural protection against the sun’s rays as well.
• Antiperspirants without aluminum – Most of us will use a roll-on antiperspirant, particularly when we’re in a hurry. The big thing about antiperspirants for nature lovers is that it contains aluminum. Not only does aluminum harm the environment, chopping down rainforests and killing threatened creatures, it is also known to cause cancer.
There are plenty of other natural alternatives to previously harmful makeup that is entirely organic. They also provide plenty of protection for the skin. Fruit does the trick too. There’s avocados, grapes and even pomegranate seeds to consider. But it’s not just organic skin care products that will leave you glowing healthily. You still need to have a good look at what you’re eating every day. To keep your skin healthy, you’ll need to put a lot of emphasis on eating fresh, raw veggies, all organic, of course.
And to make sure that you’re feeling good for most days, being physically active always helps. Perhaps this will appeal to most of you. It’s a big plus for me. It’s called beauty sleep. Make sure it’s your nightly dose of eight hours, nothing more, nothing less. Of course, when it comes to weekends when most of us want to be out late at night, there’s always that next morning’s extra few hours of sleep to look forward to. Beautiful, I tell you.